Sunday, February 10, 2008
I had an awesome CNY, yay.
CNY Day 1:
Woke up bright and early at 9. My mom drove us to my grandma's to eat and get angbaos. We then headed over to another relative's and I got more angbaos and sold 2 Fiesta tickets :D Then we went to another relative's. Later in the day, we went over to my dad's side of the family to have dinner and get more angbaos. Then we followed my aunt home to watch tv and play with her dog, Bubbles :D she's really cute. And we went home.
CNY Day 2:
Woke up bright and early at 9 again. Went over to my cousin's to gamble. Well, we were SUPPOSED to gamble. In the end someone came late, so we stuck to the tv instead. Had lunch before going over to Serangoon Garden Country Club to catch the lion/drangon/birdy dance and the drums performance. Stood near the VIPs to get a good view. I think I broke my eardrums. Grabbed some ice cream and played with Charmaine and Rachael in the Kiddie Land room. Sold 2 more Fiesta tickets :D
Then off to Malaysia we went -my mom, brother, mom's colleague and myself. Drove into JB before Thomas Korkor got on and took over the wheel to drive us to this Kampong called Chaah in Yung Peng in Malaysia to visit Enzo Korkor's mom.


;Scenery along the way!
It was a really long 2 hours drive before we reached. You know, when they said Kampong, I thought they lived in grasshouses. Who knew they lived in normal houses made of bricks? Not me. And so, we ventured in.
It's a nice house. It's big and spacious. And! They built in a second storey by themselves. Whoa. We all gambled till dinnertime. Enzo Korkor brought us to this place to eat. The food's awesome, but we had to wait like 45 mins for it. Goodness lah.
THEN, I rode with Enzo Korkor on his motorbike and we went to buy firecracker stuffs :D The ride is awesome. As in, it's really cooling (unless he drives really fast then it feels like some fan blasting in your face). Yes, no helmets needed. We got back and the fun began.
Look at this:


Sweets? Wrong. They're called 'Happy Boom'. Really fun stuff. It becomes pretty and loud when you light it up.

Above is done by some 4 year old kid who twisted 2 Happy Booms together. Oh oh did I say that the kids there all have their own lighters? Oh yes they do. Goodness lah. But thank god they don't smoke. Anyway, isn't it preeeeetty? :D they also have some whistling loud thingys. Once you light up, you must run away immediately. First it goes boom. Then something shoots up into the sky and goes BOOM! Freaking loud.
Oh yes, Enzo Korkor also bought this fireworks thing for 500 bucks. He's so nice lah. Waste so much money for that few minutes of beautiful light thingys in the sky. And it's kinda illegal to set it off, so they had to do it in secret before running away. Anyway,


Pretty awesome, yes? I agree. So we continued playing with the fire thingys until late into the night. The adults were drinking Chivas Regal. Slept at 2!
CNY Day 3:
Woke up at 9 again. I don't know what's with waking up at 9. Enzo Korkor and Thomas Korkor weren't awake yet (they drank too much the night before) so we decided to go walk around with Enzo Korkor's sister. THEY GROW THEIR OWN VEGGIES AND FRUITS! So cool.


They even have a durian tree. But it was too camouflage-y so I didn't take any pictures.
Well, Enzo Korkor then woke up brought us to eat breakfast at some person's home which is made into a stall. Look at their tables!

A chopped treeeeee. The food's not that great. Oh well.
THEN WE DROVE TO THE WATERFALLLL. It's a 15 minutes drive up some mountain, deep deep into the forest-y place. It's heavenly.



Very naturely. Is there even such a word?

After the sight-seeing, we went to have a tea-break at some tea shop. Mm, the tea's good. Ate some bread too before going back to the house to eat lunch. Hahaa yes, ate a lot there. Enzo Korkor's mom is a really great cook. The food was deeeelicious. After eating, some lion dance thing came. The supposed 'lion' was bowing to the car. I wonder why.
We then had to go already D: Oh oh did I mention that they had dogs? Well, they do. I took some last minute pictures of the dogs, Whisky and Lucky. Psst, I love Whisky the Dalmatian more cause he's so friendly and sweet while Lucky bites.


And so, we left. I'll miss this wondrous place. It's so peaceful and everyone knows everyone.

It's loverly.
So back to the busy streets, we went. All the way to JB. There was this huge jam and so we reached Singapore at approx 7.45pm.
Bathed and changed before going to Gabriel's for his party. Felt really strange and awkward 'cause we haven't been there for such an awfully long time. However, it was quite fun. Everyone looks older, even the kids. Some look completely different, while some, recognisable. Played black jack, cut the cake, took some pictures, people-watched and that was it. Reached home at 12.30am and blogged until now.
I think this is one of the best CNYs I've ever had, thanks to Chaah. I will definitely beg my mom to bring me back there again :D
2:22 AM$BlogItemDateTime$> she's got style